WIKINDX uses a plug-in module system to extend or alter its capabilities. Additionally, there exist third-party plug-ins and extensions. All extras can be downloaded from the plugins section of the Sourceforge file downloads area. Simply extract them (with their directory structure) to the plugins/ directory to make them instantly available. Plugin options can be configured from within the web browser.
- The WYSIWYG word processor – write an article, from draft through to publication with automatic citation formatting, entirely within the one software
- Bibutils – convert between a number of bibliographic formats in preparation for an import into WIKINDX
- ImportExportBib – import bibliographies into WIKINDX and export bibliographies – Endnote, RIS, BibTeX, RTF, HTML, PubMed
- SoundExplorer – experimental aural notification of selected resource additions
- ChooseLanguage – quickly select a new language
- Localization – easily create a new localization
- AdminStyle – create and edit bibliographic/citation styles
- Import from Amazon – what it says on the tin
- LocalDescription – change the front-page description depending on the user-selected localization
- RepairKit – fix corrupted character codes in imported data
- BackupMysql – back up the WIKINDX
Localizations and bibliographic styles
There are a variety of localizations (languages) and bibliographic/citation styles available from the sourceforge site. They act like plug-ins so simply extract them (with their directory structure) to the languages/ directory or styles/bibliography/ directory to make them instantly available.